Paws of Genesis Forum
Please Log in and Load your Save File to continue your progress, or Create a New Save File.
Paws of Genesis Forum
Please Log in and Load your Save File to continue your progress, or Create a New Save File.
Paws of Genesis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paws of Genesis Official RPG Forum

HomeTrivia of the WGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMain DatabaseSecond DatabaseLorebase

The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Cancer Posts : 701
Contribution skill : 4247

Status
Species: Cat...Fox...Thing?
Speed: 5
Stamina: 15

The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Empty
PostSubject: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:44 am

THE FOLLOWING RP IS A TUTORIAL. IT IS A MANDATORY READ AND WILL TEACH YOU SOME OF THE BASICS OF POSTING AND USING THE RPG SYSTEM!!!

White. That's all I was able to see upon waking up after being shot and thrown away. They say when you die, you see a white light, then you're in the afterlife. It feels like I just took a nap...in a dumpster, that is. This white light actually turned out to be some kind of White Space that I just happened to be floating around in. You'd think that in dying, you wouldn't be able to see anything else but the inside of your eyelids. I saw people. Spending who knows how long, wandering the White Space, I met other people who apparently had died.

Something else bothered me too, and it was damn difficult to ignore...

What's up with my body? This isn't what I died in...
Well...the general shape seemed like it was before, but now I'm all covered head to toe in a layer of fluffy, golden fur? What am I now? Some kind of cat...fox...thing...? Ughh...to hell if I know. This was too weird. I also have this marking on my arms...some kind of weird diamond shaped mark with a dot in the middle. This is all just too surreal for me, honestly. Gladly, everything I was wearing before dying is still on me. Imagine how embarrassing it would be to wake up nude in this kind of body, and walking into random strangers in the middle of literally nowhere?

After how many hours of wandering, however, I fell asleep...and woke up to a mouthful of dirt. Bleh.
Now where the hell did this dirt come from? I awoken to a barren field, wiping the crumbs of dry dirt from my fur covered face. I decided to look up, only to discover that sky I remember is there again...

...and something is shadowing over me.

Turning around, I stand before an enormous clock tower, who's hands seemed to point at 12:00, stood before a coliseum like arena. The clock tower was directly connected to this coliseum, and at the base of it was a building that seemed to stretch the width of the coliseum. The massive clock tower was something to behold. Standing out in the blue sky, it seemed to make all the clouds above it turn gold. As a matter of fact, the entire masonry of the tower itself was laden with golden bricks.

No doubt if I had a pickaxe, I would have mined down the tower and take all the gold to my family.

I had no idea what to do but to enter the double doors in front of me, which welcomed me into the foundation of the tower. Stepping into it, the door seemed to move with much resistance. I was probably pushing on the door as hard as I could, but it opened ever so slowly... What I see upon finally getting a look on the inside, is a large hallway with marble floor tiling and pearly white walls. There were columns going several paces down each wall, each gilded with a beautiful golden lining. The space seemed to be lit by several chandeliers going down the hall.

To the left, if I were to head down the hall, there was some kind of machine on the floor. To the right, the hallway seemed to either go forward to some kind of stand, or take a turn to another location

However...In front of me, there was appeared to be a reception desk...and there stood a tall, glasses bearing, heavily busty woman who appeared to be a white fox of some sorts, with 2 tails and several red markings.

Last edited by Jadarice Braithrad on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pawsofgenesis.forumotion.com
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Capricorn Posts : 2646
Contribution skill : 105814

Status
Species: Twin Tailed Kitsune
Speed: 10
Stamina: 300

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:56 am

Greetings.

*she bows*

Welcome to the Hall of Xenorak, and to your new world. If I am correct, you bear the Mark of Retrial ? That must mean you are Jadarice L. Braithrad?
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:00 am

Ugh....w-where am I? I'm on another world, you say? What's going on here?
I'm dead, right? I can't be somewhere else in the universe...

Who the hell are you anyways? And what the hell is the "Mark of Retrial"?

I check my arms, remembering they had new markings on them...is this the Mark of Retrial? Why do I have it and no one else does?
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:19 am

Do not be alarmed. I am not your enemy.
*she prods her glasses and smiles, then pulls out a golden book*

My name is Omoika Shin Izanami. I am your guidemaster~

What you say is not wrong, you are still dead, but now in a special plane of the afterlife. You are now part of the many Maxia Planes, which are many separate dimensions governed here by the clock tower which looms above us.

For some reason, you have been chosen by certain forces above all that believe your life lacked fufillment, and that your death was in pure vain. These divine beings believe that you, and many others who will come, will be given a better place than to wander the White Space endlessly asleep, never reaching salvation.
As your situation stands, this world now belongs to you, and you must begin anew in it.

You are tasked with a simple, "game", I should call it. Create a new society, prosper, and cleanse yourself of your lingering sentiments or "loose ends" in layman's terms. Close all your open doors, brave this new life, and in time, you may win your ticket out of here, or choose to stay if you choose to grow accustomed to it. That is dependent on the success of you and others, or simply put, if you "win".

One of the gifts to help you in this is your new body. You have been given a revitalized form which is a combination of your old body and an animal, which you are closely associated with. Speaking of which, I must say you look cute in that form, despite me not knowing how you originally looked.

Last edited by Guidemaster Omoika on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:23 am

I couldn't help but feel a little flustered from that little comment...unn...it's hard to deny she looks kinda cute too, but compliments aside, I have things I need to say.

Okay, Omoika... so you're my "guidemaster"? Why don't you explain that first so I can understand what the hell is going on?
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:32 am

As my title implies, I am a master of guides~

My purpose here is to help you with valuable knowledge that will put you on the right track and heading in the right direction.

I am no god, for sure, as like you, I have died before as well. However, for some reason, I was put here to help you out by some Mysterious Force and I have come to realization that inhabitants of this hall cannot leave. This, unfortunately, means that you cannot stay inside this hall forever. It is only available during open hours of a day.
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:47 am

Dammit. So much for hoping I had come across the Holiday Inn.

I really want out of here, my family needs me and so do my friends. *sighs* But it seems I have no choice in the matter seeming that I'm dead and all.

*steps back*
If that's how this is gonna be, then damn straight I'm fighting to win! *AIIIIIIIIIIIR FISSSSSST*

If only on the inside, I actually felt like this: not to be grudging about my situation, but I'm determined to do what it takes.

So, if I'm in this new world, as you say, how the hell am I suppose to survive? I mean, I don't have any money on me if you're hoping for me to buy food and stuff from you..
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:04 am

The answer is actually pretty simple.

Since you are not allowed to stay inside the Hall of Xenorak (the hall we are in currently), your place is outside in the barren land.

Let's see... *she flips a page in her book, scans it down quickly, and continues to speak*

It seems like nothing, in fact it actually is, but that barren land is the foundation for your new town.

You must develop this town and work with others to build, and over time, you will grow strong together, live peacefully, and be ready for anything. You will go from absolutely nothing to a full on town built by the paws of you and your fellow "team mates", as the book calls them.

Your success in this world depends heavily on how well you progress your town and if you can pull together a society when one doesn't already exist.

Last edited by Guidemaster Omoika on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:06 am

I don't suppose you plan on telling me how the hell I'm suppose to do that without any tools? I mean I can build, and I can make weapons, but I need the tools and materials to do so! This is becoming ridiculous really fast.

Where's the damn Home Depot when you need it?
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:08 am

Ahehe...

W-well settle down, I'll explain this to you right now.

Do you see that machine over there? Down to the left wing of the hallway? Follow me down there. *she starts walking off towards the machine, expecting Jadarice to follow*
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:22 am

I follow her down the hallway. I can't help but be distracted by her two tails, swaying with her hips as she walks....It's not quite natural to see any animal with two tails. Even if they're human-like or not.

Eventually, we reach the machine, and stand there waiting for her to say something. The little machine is like some sort of stand with a blue crystal pad on it. The entire contraption appears to be made of gold, aside from the crystalline part. I also notice to the right of the machine, a doorway that I could not see from the entrance. It appeared another golden solid door. There are also slots lined along the walls near the the machine...about 12 of them...I wonder what those are for...?

Well? What is this thing?
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:36 am

Alright... *flips a page* Listen carefully, because I am going to explain a lot of important information.

What you see before you is a device known as the Maxia Partitioner. This entire clock tower, which we call the Chronon Maxia, runs and powers this device.

This device serves as a teleporter between "Maxia Planes", which are different areas and worlds that are formed by your imagination (IMG). Maxia planes work like multiple different dimensions, and this machine lets you access them. In their initial state, Maxia planes are absolutely blank. They are only existent once someone pours their mind into creating an area.

Why would you need to create areas? Because doing so allows you to gather materials. In order to collect what you need to develop your town and your equipment, you MUST venture into the Maxia Planes for materials.

There are limits to what you can do. For example, cannot dodge the system and create an area that is strictly all trees or all metal, or pickled radishes and money. As much as you would enjoy the last one, its simply not allowed. It has to be an actual enviroment AND there must be at least 1 key feature or LANDMARK.

A key feature or land mark counts as a primary focus of the area. For example, an entire cave would be a whole landmark, or may count as many, or maybe a waterfall in a forest, the waterfall counting as a single landmark.
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:00 am

...w...what? None of that makes sense! How can this little machine...pad...thing... make entire dimensions based off my imagination?

I'm tempted to ask if she's been smoking something, but...ugh...she seems too nice to give biting words to.

I don't quite buy it though...*folds her arms and gives the machine a kick*

That...was a bad idea... my foot hurts really bad now... I forgot my shoes have gone missing--!!

Owww-ow-ow-ow-ow! GOD DAMMIT! *holds her foot* Okay, you win, stupid machine D< But I'm onto you.

Ignoring my terrible foot pain, I decided to step onto the pad. As soon as I stand on it, a dial comes up from out of the ground...it seems to be shaped like a clock...

Oooookay. So what do I do with this?
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:47 am

When using creating a new area, you must you must create a thread in the "Maxia Planes" Forum labled in this format:

Area number - Name of floor - Floor type (Is it a jungle? A gallery? A lake? A robotics zone? A volcano?) - RP type (Usually LIN, PAR, or MIX)

(The floor type and RP Type can be entered in the description instead of the title)

For example,

1 - Rebirth's Waterfall - Forest Canyon (MIX)

What are RP types you may ask?

a. (PAR) Sometimes known as literate RP or semi-lit; this is where you write paragraph like posts in a story fashion to roleplay.
(Example: Jay understood what she had to do. If she were to make any progress and move towards her ticket out of this place, she would have to venture out and create more Maxia Planes. She dialed the proper floor number and waited for the partitioner to take her to the area, as she imagined. In an instant, she felt a breeze of wind, and was in a brand new location, as she had imagined.)

b. (LIN) This is for Script/Skit like RPs, commonly seen in chat RP's and are usually done in short posts.
(Example: Jay: As fun as it is to talk about how awesome you think you are, I'm being beaten the hell up by a rock! *gets smacked in the stomach* GRAAH!!! )

c. (MIX) This is for mixed RPs, which combine the two above or use any other kinds of methods together. These style of RPs are VERY useful for making game progress, and are highly recommended, as it allows people to RP in their comfortable style and keep a fast pace. An example of this would be this entire RP.

All RPs run on a Dice-Command system, meaning that you will have to base all battles explicitly on stats and have to roll the dice (which we'll talk about in a bit) to have a legitimate battle.
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:53 am

That...doesn't really answer my question. What do I do with this clock thing?

Also, what the hell do you mean by forum? Are you breaking the fourth wall?

But anyways, I guess I'll keep that in mind or something :\
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:57 am

Ahaha....I'm not good at jokes, so believe me, I'm not pulling your leg on this one... I-I'm said to have a terrible way with joking...

That's specifically what it says in this encyclopedia.

Anyways, just turn the clock to whatever area number you want to enter. For example, just turn the clock's minute hand to the 1 and it should let you go into the first area. On the clock, this reads as 1 - 1

When picking area numbers, it is dependent on the "Hour" phase of the story, which will progress over time. At this point in time, We are on the FIRST HOUR, so any threads created would go under 1 - ____ ( ___ being what number of area that is in that hour).

Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:09 am

Alright... I guess I'll give it a run then or something.

*Creates a thread called the following before turning the dial*

1-1 - Steps unto Genesis
and adds to the description "A rocky hill path leading to a small lake. (MIX)"

And then....The dial...I just turn it...?
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:11 am

Correct. The machine should teleport you shortly...
*she lightly smiles and waves as the machine starts up and instantly teleports you the plane you have created stepping in right after*
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:43 am

The machine's sudden action caught me off guard, giving me a small heart attack or something as lightning shot down and sent me through a whirling tunnel of energy for a split second. I could still tell I was flying through space at a bazillion miles per hour or something...jeez my head hurts to think about it...I felt like I was going to pop!

But then I was face down in the dirt again...the taste of rocks and slightly moist soil filling my mouth.

I hate the taste of soil, yunno that? It sucks. Why do I have to end up everywhere with my face in the damn dirt?

Aside from my whining, I was able to spit out the dirt and look up to the new place I was in....
Whaddya know. The fox woman wasn't lying after all...

Every little detail I had imagined in my mind before letting the machine activate was right there before me. In front of me was a hill, covered in many large rocks that led upwards to the top, like a step. The sky was nice and clear, with the sun beating down like a hot day. Everywhere else besides the path seemed to be closed off by trees, making it difficult to stray from the path. My ears, with their heightened sense of hearing, could hear water....there was probably a small lake at the top, just as I had wanted.

I don't know how else to describe this but the imaginable just seems so...unimaginable now.

Behind me, I heard a crackling, zapping noise, and I found the a lightning-like portal. This is probably where people get in and out of the areas....then suddenly, Omoika flew out of it and landed on me, putting me in a really....umm.... difficult...situation.

Ahhgajshgsakga- I can't...breathe---- ;///////;
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:46 am

Augh...curse these things for being so heavy.......um...Jadarice? *looks around* Where are you? What did I land on- OH.

*she gets off of you and quickly helps her back up* I-I apologize greatly for that. It's difficult to master getting out of that portal without falling over, I should have mentioned... ^////^;; Ho-hope you're okay....
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:47 am

That was bad. I mean I could have DIED. Again.

C...couldn't breathe....*huff*...*huff* *cough*

The place...worked as you...*huff*...said...

I think I'm gonna fall over and hit my head on a rock right now...
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:55 am

Ahh-umm-anyways... *quickly pulls out her encyclopedia and fixes her glasses*

This area looks adequate for your first gatherings. You should be able to find materials you need for basic things here.

I need you to know that this will be the only time I'm allowed to accompany you floors, as I am still bound by the halls and can't stay on floors too long without being pulled back. I can, however, assist you at all times with a little sentry I have been given...

*she reaches into her bra and pulls out a small, blue-circuit covered ball and holds it out....it then begins to hover out of her hands and flies over to you*

With this, I can keep an eye on everyone at all conceivable times and provide whatever vital information I need to provide. From your inventory count, your abilities, how strong your enemies are, and everything else.
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:57 am

Wa-wait... ALL conceivable times?
Does that mean even when people are taking a shower and...

Wh...whoa....thats really...

UM-- YEAH. So what about this floor?
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:09 am

You're pretty strange, you know that...?

*she momentarily tilts her head and then gets back to business*

Anyways, you seem to have made quite a small area, which shouldn't be too taxing on your imagination. It appears to be a Size 1 Zone.

Something you can keep in mind is you can only create areas if you have enough Imagination points left (IMG). By default, this is 100. This area is relatively small as you can't travel from the trees onward. It seems you've made it so the stone steps are the only way to go.

Size 1 Zones cost you 20 IMG points; they usually only have 1 Landmark and very few features/resources. These are good for gathering basic materials. Size 2 Zones cost you 35 and can have up to 2 landmarks or main features and hold more space for resources. Size 3 Zones will cost you a staggering 50 points, but allow you to find certain materials that are rarer, and generally more difficult to find. You can choose up to 3 major landmarks and features OR have vast and expansive areas. Later on, you may make Size 4 areas that take almost all of your IMG points, which will allow you to do something special...

You may wish to note that not all zones have to be natural locations. However, making an area where certain, more difficult materials to obtain, are apparent and abundant will result in dire, disastrous results.

IMG points recover every 2 weeks in real life time.
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:23 am

Huh...so I have a limit on how much I can imagine up? That's kinda weird, don'tcha think? I mean the imagination is suppose to be endless and here, it's measured in points? 100 to be exact.

I don't quite get that, but then again, there's a lot of things I don't quite get right now...

Okay...so I can go ahead and grab materials first, right...?

Suddenly...I felt something appear on my wrist. Like...a sudden weight was added onto it.

Wh...what the...?

I check my wrist, and suddenly, I have a large faced watch on it. What is this thing? It doesn't seem like it's there to tell time.

Hey, Omoika? What is this thing?
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:46 am

*She readjusts her glasses and flips a couple pages ahead in her book*

That would be the Encounter Clock. You should be sure to keep a constant watch on it...get it...? It's a watch, so you need to watch...the watch.....

Abhorrent.
*ahem*

The Encounter Clock shows you how much nearby monsters are attracted to your location at the very moment. When entering an area with a new party, your Encounter Clock will always begin at 0. Once your encounter clock reaches 12, you will have been fully detected by monsters in the vicinity and are going to be attacked within a few seconds, meaning a battle will engage.

Your encounter clock will usually increase if you gather

The first one is based on your posts and the size of the area.
-On size 1 zones, every gather that DOESN'T result in a battle will increase the clock by 2.
-On size 2 zones, every gather that DOESN'T result in a battle will increase the clock by 1.
-On size 3 zones, every gather that DOESN'T result in a battle will increase the clock by 1 as well.
-On size 4 zones, there are usually special rules that increase the clock.

YOU MUST REMEMBER THE ENCOUNTER CLOCK'S PLACE WHEN IT CHANGES.
Failure to do so could lead to an ambush or terrible repercussions.

I'll explain the second reason later, when it is appropriate.

Last edited by Jadarice Braithrad on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates to Encounter system)
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:01 am

Quote :
The Encounter Clock shows you how much nearby monsters are attracted to your location at the very moment.

WHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA--
WHAT?! MONSTERS?!

It was weird you mentioned enemies, but I didn't expect there to be monsters! Where are these monsters anyways?! I'll take them out before they take me out! *puts fists up*
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:11 am

That won't be necessary. Not yet at least.

As a tip, when you are posting, try to keep count by occasionally adding the encounter clock's position to the bottom of your post. This will save your party a lot of trouble, especially if someone forgets where it's at.

Also, whenever the clock increases, be sure to state the current place of the clock. You must know where it is at when it moves! Include it with your post when it happens!

We're still at EC: 3 right now. You're welcome for the reminder.

Last edited by Jadarice Braithrad on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Encounter System Update)
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:13 am

Jeez...I hope I can remember that. Nothing sucks more than having something come up from behind you when you're not even ready...

Anyways, can I get materials? How do I do that, anyways?

EC (Encounter Clock): 3
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:25 am

It's really hard to go through this if I need to explain every little thing, but I'll do it for you anyways.

Here's what the encyclopedia says, quote:

Quote :
Generally, you only need your paws to collect something. However, this is slightly inefficient, usually you can only gather one piece of a resource at a time. Using tools will increase your productiveness.

It's basic, knowledge, really.

Collecting something will consume stamina depending on how you do it. For example, these rocks all around us...
You cannot carry 200 of them because according to the records I have, your stamina isn't high enough to handle collecting that much. Therefore you can only hold as much as your stamina. You will have to wait a period of 5 posts from your party to continue gathering (this does not include posts where your party gathers). Later on, you can use pick-axes to mine the stones at a more stamina efficient rate.

(Note that if you encounter a battle, you are immediately allowed to gather right after)

Since your stamina is 15, You could collect 15 stones. Normally, after you collect, the items are automatically added to your stockpile.

Speaking of Which, I have extensive information on your "statistics" and capabilities constantly at my paws.
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:26 am

No way...you can't judge a person's abilities by statistics! This isn't some kind of video game or somethin'.

Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:31 am

Actually, I have it all available for you to look at.

This is the database...

Clicking on that link will send you to a spreadsheet. Under the tab at the bottom that says "Skills", you can find a list of skills and your stats on them.

These skills dictate what you can do properly and what you can't do.
Repeatedly doing an action like making tools and weapons with smithing or cooking will raise that skill level.
For example, if you want more stamina, keep gathering when you visit areas.
Moderators will take note of everytime you do one (and probably tell you too) and update this sheet.

Here's a tip; if you want moderators to see you doing an action BOLD IT OR MAKE IT ANOTHER COLOR.

This database is useful for other things. For one, it contains a list of known locations , it also tells you the ingredients you need to make certain recipes.

If you can't find a recipe, make your own; just MAKE SURE THE MODERATORS CAN SEE IT.

Keep it book marked, you will need to look at it often, as the statistics are mandatory in usage. For your convenience, on your profile page (also known as the player page), there is a "Status Page" that you can update to remind you of important stats like Speed and Stamina.
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:35 am

What...does she mean by moderators? She's talking as if we're on the internet and playing on some kind of forum or something...

Oooookies, gathering time. I guess wood would be the most important thing first, so I'll go and gather some. No sweat, right?

I go over to a tree and try to collect 16 pieces of wood...but I get absolutely tired after stripping off 15 pieces of wood...

*huff*...the...hell...? It's so much more work than it needs...to be...*cough*

Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:41 am

Now you need to wait for 5 posts to pass by before you can continue~

You're making impressive progress thus far, however!
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:44 am

Five posts later...

Alright, I'll all refreshed and stuff, so it's time for more gathering! I'll get some stones this time, since that shouldn't take nearly as much work!

*gathers 15 stones from around the rocky hill*

*huff....* No...no...I was r-really wrong...Picking up stones should not be this tiring.... *flops on the floor*

EC: 6
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:50 am

I think you've gotten the general idea of how it works in this world then~ But anyways, you require a few more materials to get off the ground. This will work.

Just a note though, and I'll quote from the book:

Quote :
Materials are divided into 6 Categories. Stone, Water, Wood, Plants, Fabric, and Metal.

These all have "Basic" and "Advanced" categories.

Basic categories include all general pieces of any of the category.

For example, you picked up 15 stones, so it would add to your stone count by 15. It doesn't matter if they're red, blue, orange, or shiny; if its a stone and has no outstanding properties, its basic.

For things like plants and fabrics, you can add to your plants count by yanking out random pieces of grass or flowers. This will give you seeds. However, adding to fabric is only done by harvesting cotton plants (found usually in grassy areas) or taking pieces of scrap fabric you find around the tower.

Finding advanced materials is much more complex. You will sometimes have to mine to obtain some, or they have to appear randomly in order for you to get them. Some materials can be harvested in specific environments. This info can be found in the database, especially under the "Action Requirements" tab.
Some materials may only be dropped by monsters as a well, so it may be in your interest to fight enemies!
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:54 am

I was instructed to give you these basic materials to aid you, as these materials will not be found here:

10 Fabrics
5 Meat
50 Water
10 Plants
5 Metal

I know you will put them to excellent usage.
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:14 am

Hmm. I appreciate it then. I'll be sure to think twice about using these.

So now what? Do I head back?
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:04 am

Not quite. Since you've finished gathering, I feel I should mention something important.

As you know, monsters roam the Maxia Planes, and you will likely encounter several of them before the end of a successful trip.(If you go a whole material gathering trip WITHOUT rolling the encounter dice, your trip will be void)

Depending on the size of a zone, then you will more or less encounter monsters of varying strengths.

After a gathering attempt, a dice MUST be rolled to determine if you will or will not fight a monster. If it's a 1 that is rolled, then you will encounter a monster. This is usually made obvious to you since it will say "!ENCOUNTER!". If you did not roll a 1, you're safe for now. However, your encounter clock will increase by 2 on S1 Floors, and 1 on S2 and S3 floors.

Depending on the size of the area you've made, then the dice will be different. You will face different groups of monsters according to the "Aevus Level", which is a level determined by what number area you are in.

In small size 1 zones, the encounter rate is pretty high, but enemies will not be too challenging. The monster groups you encounter are directly the same level as stated under the Aevus level in the "Enemy Group List." This uses the Encounter S1 Die

In medium size 2 zones, the encounter rate is slightly lower. Enemies will be higher levels than in S1, usually 5 levels higher above the Aevus level. This uses the Encounter S2 Die.

In bigger size 3 zones, the encounter rate is the same as S2, but enemies will 10 levels stronger than the Aevus level. This uses the Encounter S3 Die.

Original Posters may also create their own monsters to fight in their areas, but they have to make sure it's on par with monsters of similar levels.

If the OP is NOT using special encounters for their stage, they need to roll the encounter die, as I will explain soon. If the OP is not present, the person leading the expedition is in charge of rolling the encounter.

Last edited by Guidemaster Omoika on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:47 am

Hmm...? Dice...?

Oh, wait, I think I know what you mean...

When I look down below the text entry field when adding a response, I see a little tab below that says "Roll Die"

From there, I can click on it and select a die from a drop down list. Pretty handy! Also, I have to take note, I can't roll the dice if I'm editing the post...

*Rolls Encounter S1
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:47 am

The member 'Jadarice Braithrad' has done the following action : Roll Die

'Encounter S1' : The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) PkG0f
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:20 am

Well it seems that an encounter is imminent, but you must do one more thing!

Whoever rolled a 1 (an encounter), must make an additional post where they can choose to do one of 2 things:

CONFRONT:

You will face whatever enemy is ahead of you.
When you do, roll the "Enemy Groups" die.

Whatever number you roll on this die is the number of the enemy group in the database for your area's Aevus level.

So under the database's enemy groups list , you can fight any group labled 1-___ (i.e. 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4), since this area's Aevus level is 1.

AVOID:

You can choose to avoid an enemy battle using your INSTINCTIVES skill. This will allow you to use your senses to detect an enemy before they attack you.
To do this, roll the "Avoid" Die. Depending on your instinctives skill, your Avoid ability might be stronger, so you'll have a higher chance of avoiding the enemy. By default, everyone has "Avoid Lv1" unless they've specialized in instinctives.

In your case, you should roll the die labled "Avoid Lv1", which has a 20% chance of avoiding the enemy. However, if you choose to avoid conflict, you will have to drop some of your gathered materials to hide in time. When you avoid battles, you lose half of your last gather, if you did any gathering. Be careful when deciding to avoid or not.
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:22 am

Eesh. Pretty steep price to pay to avoid a squishy little monster. I'll just man up and fight, that's more fun anyways! *bounces around*

Come at me, bro!
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:22 am

The member 'Jadarice Braithrad' has done the following action : Roll Die

'Enemy Groups' : 2
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:38 am

A group of enemies come at me after I've called them out. Suckers, I hope they're ready for a beatdown! The creatures seem to be made of some black material and have smoke coming from them, they all have a creepy mouth on their face... one of them is a ball on legs, and the other 2 are lizard like things with a similiar head.

What the hell... what kind of monsters are these?!

Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:16 am

That is known as an Upset, a few of many which roam the Maxia Planes. They are created from your fears, hatred, guilt, and negative emotions. The ones before you are known as Chaser and Crawler.

To original posters; Always tell people that a battle is starting by doing something like this:

BATTLE ENGAGED!

Then tell people what the monster is and its stats (HP, Attack Power, Speed), along with any special info.

Visit the "Bestiary" page in the databse to find these statistics.

Also, the person who engaged the battle must tell the party members their turn order in the same post!

Determining Turn order

Turn order is important because it tells you who goes first, second, third, and so forth.
This is decided on the basis of SPEED. The higher your speed, the higher in the list you are to make a move. The fastest character or enemy in the battle gets to move first. If someone in the group has a speed that is twice as high as any monster in the battle, they get an additional move. As a general rule of thumb, the average monster speed is 4.

If a monster has the same speed as you for some reason, you will still be able to move before it. If another player shares the same speed, whoever entered the area with the party first gets priority.

Keep in mind that speed is affected by whatever weapon you're using. The penalties or bonuses are dependent on weapon type.

When showing turn order, make a numbered list.

For example, in this battle, the turn order is as follows:

1. Chaser - 6
2. Jadarice - 5
3. Omoika - 4
4. Crawler 1 - 4
5. Crawler 2 - 4

Since you are not first, you would have to let the monster attack first.

Monster's Turns

On the turn a monster moves, the person before that monster must roll a dice specific to the size of their party.

Whenever you enter an area and you've made an official party, make a note of it as soon as you've teamed up. I should have mentioned this earlier, but you'd do best to remember that, as I am confident you're capable of doing so.

In this case, our party is:

1: Jadarice Braithrad
2: Omoika Izanami

When a monster attacks, you roll the dice labled "Target Party of X", where X is the amount of party members in your current party, up to 8.
Whatever number this is, that person will take damage from the enemy's attack!

If the enemy targets an ally who is unconscious (0 HP), then the enemy will attack the next person over (So if a monster targets member 3, but 3 is unconscious, it will target Member 4. If it was a party of 3, it would target number 1 instead)

The next person to post must show the HP of the hit party member after they've taken damage. The HP lost is equal to the attack monster's strength, minus any defenses that member has.

Anyways, since you're not first, I'll take the liberty to do everything else for you now:

Chaser: 15/15
4 Atk

Crawler 1: 20/20
4 Atk

Crawler 2: 20/20
4 Atk

Last edited by Guidemaster Omoika on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:16 am

The member 'Guidemaster Omoika' has done the following action : Roll Die

'Target Party of 2' : 2
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:18 am

Before I can react, the first monster comes up and kicks Omoika, but she seems to not really be affected by the hit....

Omoika: 296/300

Wow...that looked like it would have hurt but it barely even scratched you.

Okay, so tell me how to attack? Can I just run up and punch these things?
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:26 am

How to Fight

Before you take an action, always show how much HP you have, Your Strength, and your TP(Tenacity Points, which are used for techniques you have created). Your HP is equal to your Vitality and recovers once the battle ends. Also, Show how much HP the monster after the last person attacked it. The only thing you really need is basic math skills. The rudimentary arithmetics, of course.

When you attack, post a description of how you're attacking or something like that (this is for RP purposes) and specifically state which enemy you are attacking!
then make sure you roll the dice of your strength level; this dice is called the "Attack Modifier"
When the next person who attacks the monster posts, they have to add your strength and the number you rolled with the modifier, then subtract it from the monsters HP.

It seems to be a very complicated procedure, but it's simple child's play once you've spent time with the system and have "gotten the hang of it."

(Tenacity points will be explained in a later tutorial)

Losing a Battle

If your HP reaches 0, you will become UNCONSCIOUS and be unable to act unless you are revived with revival items or spells/abilities. When everyone in your party is at 0 HP, the battle is considered a Total Defeat and your party will be sent back to town.
If your party suffers a Total Defeat, everyone who was a part of the party will suffer a terrible debuff unless they can afford to pay with their IMG points.

This debuff is called Grave Shock, and incurs:
1/2 Gathering rate
1/2 HP
1/2 Overall Damage (damage you would deal would only deal half)
Defense becomes 0

To cure it, you must offer up 20 IMG points. If you are unable to do so, you will have to wait until the IMG cycle ends and your IMG recovers. There are some items that can also cure Grave Shock.

Last edited by Guidemaster Omoika on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:29 am

Pfff, I can do handle this, then. Here we go! TAKE THIS, MOFO!

19/19
Str: 6
TP: 1

*Jumps towards the Chaser and unleashes a lunge punch*

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next