Paws of Genesis Forum
Please Log in and Load your Save File to continue your progress, or Create a New Save File.
Paws of Genesis Forum
Please Log in and Load your Save File to continue your progress, or Create a New Save File.
Paws of Genesis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paws of Genesis Official RPG Forum

HomeTrivia of the WGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMain DatabaseSecond DatabaseLorebase

The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Capricorn Posts : 2646
Contribution skill : 105856

Status
Species: Twin Tailed Kitsune
Speed: 10
Stamina: 300

The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:29 am

The member 'Jadarice Braithrad' has done the following action : Roll Die

'Attack Mod' : 7
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:42 am

Chaser: 2/15

Very nice hit, Jadarice. You have done quite a bit of damage to it! You will, no doubt do very well in battles.
I see you have quite the experience with fighting; I must commend you for it.

Now, it is my turn. But I must state something first...

Multiple Monster Turns in a Row

If more than one monster is up to move on the turn list, instead of just choosing one dice, you must roll the amount of dice equal to how many monsters are up next.

In this case, after I attack, there are 3 more monsters to go next. I would have to roll 3 "Target Party of 2" dice. You can do multiple rolls by typing in the amount in the box labeled "Dice Rolls". If you defeat a monster before they can move, their attack becomes voided and they will not deal damage to whoever they targeted.

On the next round, I'll explain other actions you can take. Prepare for some damage, though!

*She pulls out a Rapier and attacks the chaser with a quick stab, finishing it off! A burst of smoke appears!*

294/300
Atk: 60+(35) (Note: The value in parenthesis is the attack power of the weapon equipped)
TP: 7

(Useful note: If you have enough strength to finish an enemy off without rolling, you don't need to roll the attack modifier dice)

Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:42 am

The member 'Guidemaster Omoika' has done the following action : Roll Die

'Target Party of 2' : 2, 2
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Cancer Posts : 701
Contribution skill : 4289

Status
Species: Cat...Fox...Thing?
Speed: 5
Stamina: 15

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:45 am

Omoika: 288/300

Wow... they attacked her again, twice! But still, she barely flinches... They must be attracted to her...pff...probably because of her huge breasts or something...haha~

My turn again? Alright! Eat this, you stupid lizard!

*Runs up to Crawler 1 and kicks it in the face*

19/19
Atk: 6

I find it easier not to mention TP if I'm not using techiques....but if anyone else still wants to, go ahead!

Last edited by Jadarice Braithrad on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pawsofgenesis.forumotion.com
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:45 am

'Attack Mod' : 7
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:22 am

Crawler 1: 7/20

Another impressive hit, very good.

Now allow me to explain what your other options in battle are before proceeding forward.

Your Commands (Besides Attack)

Guarding
On your turn, you may choose to defend yourself instead of attacking. When you do this, your turn is skipped, but you talk half damage from a single hit until it is your turn again. If you are hit a single time while defending, you will leave the guard stance! Keep this in mind when facing multiple enemies!

When guarding, you draw power from your STEADFASTNESS skill. Getting hit in Guard stance can train this skill for you, allowing you to improve your guard or earn special abilities related to guarding.

Techniques
You can choose to use one of your techniques that you have created and consume Tenacity Points (TP). You can only hold a total of 6 Techniques at once.

Techniques are Special Attacks that can deal damage, buff, or debuff, along with many other different effects. They are governed by the TENACITY and TACTICS skills, which are ranked up from technique usage and technique crafting. I will explain these in detail later on.

TP, by default, starts at 1, but increases by 1 every 10 ranks of Tenacity. It recovers slowly, at a rate of 1 TP every third round. There are some items which can help you recover TP faster.

Magic
Considering your background, I'm sure you are familiar with the usage of magic. Allow me to quote the encyclopedia.

Quote :
If you choose to attack with magic, instead of showing your strength in your post when you attack, you will do this:

HP: (You know what this is)
Magic: (Put your magic skill level here, found on the database next to strength)
MC: This is your Magic Counter. It has a maximum amount of 10. Think of it like an overheating system. Every time you cast a spell that you learned (Check the database and click on Skill Dev. and SPELLS for a list of spells and their MC), this will increase by the amount noted in the Database. If you'd rather not check the database all the time, it's a good idea to keep a list of spells and their MC usage with you at all times. Make sure when you attack, you show what your TOTAL MC after using the spell will be.

If your MC hits 10 or passes it, you cannot use magic for 3 turns. Your MC will reset every 3 turns you DON'T use magic as well!!

Since your magic Level is 6, you know 2 spells:

Fireball, which at your level, takes 3 MC and Ice Sword, which at your level takes 5 MC

The difference between using magic to attack and your paws/weapon, is that your damage is CONSTANT with magic. However, Magic excels at dealing damage, more so than regular attacks. This comes with the price of being limited.

To use magic, simply concentrate and imagine the spell working. It should cast.

I will use magic in this round to demonstrate.

Items

To use an item, simply say that you are using it. Make sure you BOLD AND/OR CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE NAME OF THE ITEM, SO MODERATORS CAN UPDATE THE DATABASE.

You may only use items that are consumable and for use in battle, such as potions.
Escape

In a similar manner to avoiding a battle, you can roll "Escape". Rolling a 1 will give you a success, allowing you to escape from battle. Note, that only the person who rolled the escape can leave the battle.
If everyone escapes, the last gather, if you did gather anything, will be cut in half. You do not get the full amount until the battle is finished.

Swap Weapons

If you are holding a secondary weapon, you can use your turn to swap to it. Certain weapons are capable of being swapped and used in the same turn.
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:27 am

288/300
Magic: 50
MC: 10

*She uses the spell COMET CRUSH on Crawler 1*

Comet Crush: 10 MC, 120 DMG

(Note that the values of spells in this tutorial are done in a WIP stage, damage and values are subject to change)
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:27 am

The member 'Guidemaster Omoika' has done the following action : Roll Die

'Target Party of 2' : 1
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:30 am

The lizard thing comes up to me and bites my leg! Owch!

Hey-hey-hey! Who the hell do you think you are?! D<

Dammit, that hurt!

I hope you're ready, cuz it's time for a beatdown!

HP: 15/19
Magic: 6
MC: 5

I use Ice Sword, which takes 5 MC and does 18 dmg, and slice up the last crawler!
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:41 am

*She walks over and stomps on it, finishing the battle*

VICTORY

After battle Results
Congratulations, you've won your first battle~ Had I not been there, you still would have done well for sure.

Now that the battle is over, you have a chance to earn enemy drops.

Depending on what it says in the enemy groups list, you can roll for whichever monster you want to take a chance at earning the drop from.

In this battle, the chaser has a chance to drop Metal, an important crafting ingredient and a common resource.

On the drops list, it says that Chaser has a "Common" chance to drop this. You can roll the dice named "Monster Drop Common", and if it is a 1, you earned that drop!

Training Experience

In the enemy groups list, you will also see a column named "TE Prize". TE stands for Training Experience, which you will earn from winning battles, and can spend on making Techniques. More on that later, however.

All members in battle receive the same amount TE, you DO NOT split the TE.

It helps the moderators by saying, after you've won a battle, how much TE you've earned.

30 TE EARNED.
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:43 am

Blah. I don't feel really accomplished since you just stole all my kills!

*Sigh* but a win is a win, I guess.

Now gimme some sweet loot, ya' stupid monsters!
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:43 am

'Monster Drop Common' : 2
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

*sighs*

Oh well. Better luck next time.
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:48 am

There, there. It turned out all in good favor anyways. Now let's head back to the town so you can use some of the materials you've obtained.
You should feel a little stronger too~ *pets her head*

Usually after defeating a group of enemies around your strength and magic levels, your skills will increase. The same applies for using alchemy, ranged weapons, or techniques!

As a general rule of thumb, you have to actually use something from a skill category in order to rank it up. Keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:49 am

Th...thank you o////o; *blushes from being petted* I guess we'll head back then?
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:57 am

Yeah, we'll head back. *she heads off towards the portal, taking Jadarice along by pulling her by the paws and steps into it. She then heads to the door and of the hall, and leads Jadarice outside, while she stands by the door.*

Town Play

Now that you have materials, You can begin building and town development.
Because this world runs off imagination, building becomes incredibly simple, and many steps can be skipped. You are also able to work in speeds that you couldn't normally do when you were alive, meaning you'll get everything done in a fraction of the time.

Allow me to read to you what the encyclopedia says... *she prods her classes and flips a few pages ahead*

In order to build, you must be in an RP in the "Town Life" forum. Threads can be called anything you want, just REMEMBER TO PUT THE RP TYPE. You can also do Town RPs on the group's chat room/skype.

Quote :
In Town RP's, this is where you will do most of your bonding with other inhabitants in this world. Together, you and others will build a new society and this town will be the center of it. Do so with pride, passion, and utmost care.

Now, on the subject of building, let's go over a few things.

Different types of crafts use a different skill. A list of what each skill does what is found on the SKILLS tab in the database. Recipes for each item are shown on the CRAFTING RECIPES list. If what you want to make isn't there, you may either suggest it to be added or (if you're already in an RP), make a recipe on spot. More info below.

Moving on, in order to craft something, you must do 3 things.
1. Check the database to make sure if the thing you want to make is there or not.
2. Look at the materials needed and the minimum level. You can craft something without the required level, but it will likely come out in poor quality. If it's not on the list, make your own recipe, but be reasonable. Use other recipes as a reference. Also: CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE MATERIALS FIRST!!!
3. When you choose to make something, say somewhere in your post that you're making it. BOLD IT so moderators know if you're making it. If you're making something custom, please say the ingredients used. If moderators find this amount is unreasonable, they will modify your recipe and make changes to the stock pile. When you are in the group chat or skype, try to capitalize whichever recipe you are making.
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:07 am

Hm. That's all I'll have to do? Then this should be no sweat.

I'll start with a fire in the center of the town area (at least I think it's the center...), so I have some light and space to cook myself a meal when I need it...It requires Stone, Wood, Flint or Coal or Glass or Magic.

My hands move so unbelievably quick to make the fire....I suddenly have god hands or something? Daaaaaayuuuuuuuuuuuum.

I need a place to sleep too...A tent should do.

I make a tent south of the fire, using 2 Wood 4 Fabric

The thing basically assembles itself with a of couple motions with my hand...maaaan that feels good.

Auugh... I feel so tired already... I guess I'll turn in for today. Thank you, though, Omoika. I know what to do now. Heheh~

I'll be seeing you, right?

Last edited by Guidemaster Omoika on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Jay, you make a lot of typos...)
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:09 am

Of course~

I'm always inside the Hall of Xenorak if you have further questions. I am very glad to have been of assistance today, and I wish you the best of luck... *she bows down*

Have a good rest, Jadarice....*she closes the door and slowly leaves*
Back to top Go down
Jadarice Braithrad
Admin
Jadarice Braithrad

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:09 am

Th...thanks...

And please...I prefer to be called "Jay".
Back to top Go down
Guidemaster Omoika
Admin
Guidemaster Omoika

Status

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:11 am

*She pops her head back out and giggles a little* Jay, huh? But Jadarice sounds so much more adorable for you...but Jay it is, then~

We shall speak again...Jay.

*Closes the door*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)   The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Day "Tutorial" [MIX] (READ FIRST)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2